Announcing the new Executive Chef, Tim Recher
On behalf of the Board, I am pleased to welcome Tim Recher as the new Executive Chef at Bay Colony Golf Club. Tim’s bio and many accomplishments are noted in the Press Release below.
Michael Bradfield, our new General Manager, led a comprehensive search which culminated in two finalists who both used our kitchen to prepare an extensive tasting menu for a selection panel of Board Members, senior Bay Colony Golf Club Staff and our resident culinary experts – Angela and Don Smith. After two days of feasting and deliberation, our panel was unanimous in their decision to offer the position to Chef Tim. He has accepted our offer and will assume his new responsibilities at Bay Colony in early September.
As you review the note below, I think you will agree that we have made an excellent choice – someone with considerable experience and a track record of excellence - to help us become the finest club in southwest Florida. I’m sure Chef Tim will excite and delight our members with his culinary and management skills for years to come. Please welcome Tim and his family when you have the opportunity.
President, Bay Colony Golf Club
PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Bay Colony Golf Club welcomes Tim Recher as their new Executive Chef
NAPLES, FL – July 16, 2018: Following an extensive search, Bay Colony Golf Club is pleased to announce that Tim Recher CEC, CWX, will become our new Executive Chef.
For the last five years Tim was Executive Chef at the prestigious 7,000 member Army Navy Country Club located in Arlington, VA. During his tenure they were recognized as a Platinum Club of America, ranked in the top 3.5% of all clubs in the country. Prior to that he was the Executive Chef for several iconic and upscale hotels in the Washington, D.C area including: The Madison Hotel, Hilton Alexandria and Jury’s Washington Hotel.
Tim brings over 25 years of experience in the culinary arts and has many achievements to his credit including:
- Certified Executive Chef (CEC) designation from the American Culinary Federation (AFC) – one of less than 3,000 nationwide.
- Certified Wine Expert (CWX).
- Winner of more than 35 culinary medals including two Presidential Medals, an Achievement of Excellence Award, the Cutting Edge Award from the American Culinary Federation, the coveted Chef Professionalism Award and Chef of the Year for the Nation’s Capital Chefs’ Association.
- Three term Chairman of the Board and President for the Nation’s Capital Chefs Association.
- Invited to try out for the U.S. National Culinary Olympic Team and if selected, he will be representing the USA on the world culinary stage.
- Approved as a candidate to become a Certified Master Chef (CMC). This designation represents the pinnacle of culinary professionalism and skill and is the highest level of certification a chef can receive. Today, there are only 67 CMC’s in the nation.
Michael Bradfield, General Manager of Bay Colony Golf Club, commenting on this new hire, said: “This is a very significant addition to our senior management team. Given Tim’s background and skills, I am confident that he will lead our culinary team to make our dining experience second to none in Southwest Florida.”
Tim and his family will be relocating to Naples in the next few weeks and will start his new position as Executive Chef in early September 2018.
Raise a Glass and Raise your Expectations.....
The superlative culinary program under the direction of our Executive Chef, Tim Recher, and our wine program led by our Advanced Sommelier Mladen Stoev set the standards for fine dining in Naples.
Menus feature cuisine flavored with fresh herbs and vegetables, the finest fresh local seafood, prime aged beef, imported specialty ingredients, spa menu and Weight Watcher selections.
Menus offer signature award-winning favorites and are reimagined monthly in order to entertain and delight the senses each and every visit.
Members have access to:
- Hands-on cooking classes
- In-home custom catering and carry out service